Head of Building Services
An Engineering and Manufacturing leader seeks a Senior Equipment Design Engineer to develop and design temporary works equipment from their London office. Delivering onto large projects and clients on a national basis, the successful engineer will join a growing team supporting planned company growth.
My client was founded with the aim of providing a ‘next level’ service to the construction industry. With several locations throughout the UK and partners globally, they offer quality equipment solutions and a range of services from hire and design, to manufacture and after sales support.
Reporting to the Head of Temporary Works the role responsibilities include:
• Maintain a register of existing equipment and ensure correct documentation is in place.
• Arrange for or carry out the development of existing and new equipment product lines, working with the wider business to develop solutions to client needs.
• Oversee the production of fabrication drawings and ensure quality procedures are worked to from design to delivery.
• Working with internal departments and subcontractors to meet deadlines on multiple jobs at the same time.
• Ensure all output is in accordance with company procedures, requirements of CDM 2015.
• Writing methods statements and risk assessments for site installation work.
• Ensure that all health and safety regulations are observed throughout.
• Experience of working on construction projects and methods of construction
• Proven experience in the design of steel components (Plated weldments and structural steel)
• Minimum 6 years experience
• Experience with the design of steelwork at first principles and use of analysis and design software
• Experience in FE programs such as Solidworks, Inventor, ANSYS, IDEA Statica,
• Experience in the fabrication detailing of steelwork
• Project management experience.
• Ability to read and work with plans/drawings.
• Knowledge of CAD & IT systems. Able to sketch / draw preliminary and detailed designs.
This opportunity will attract an excellent basic salary as well as profit share and a clear career progression path set out from day one.