My client has an exciting opportunity for a Pre-Construction Manager. The role will be Home Based, with travel across the country for site surveys, client meetings and meetings with the team at head office.
My client is an electric vehicle charging division of a much larger company. Within my clients smart charging department, a new investments division has been setup to drive my client’s presence in the ChargePoint Operation market.
As a Pre-Construction manager will be responsible for all aspects of pre-construction for our rapid charging sites which are UK Wide.
You will be responsible for all pre-construction activities across the UK, from the moment when an opportunity is handed over by the business development team, until each site is ready to begin construction.
There are five main areas of responsibility:
- Customer care – Responsible for customer satisfaction during the development of the site
- Technical negotiations - site visit, planning permission, securing a point of connection and management of the overall design process
- Legal negotiations - ensuring the lease agreements are agreed in a balanced and fair way
- Project planning, procurement of long-lead items and appointment of subcontractors
- Governance and sign-off on ready-to-build projects, including preparation of investment
- EV experience – Not essential
- Demonstrable project management experience. To succeed in this role, you will have to be able to manage multiple sites in parallel.
- Experience with DNOs and iDNOs, (securing points of connection between 500kVA and 2MVA)
- Must have demonstrable experience and knowledge of planning regulations and permitted development
- Experience in similar roles in other industries (i.e., renewables) or in EV charging infrastructure. EV charging infrastructure experience is not a must
- Strong communicator
- Understanding of civil construction and electrical installation works would be advantageous
- Salesforce CRM knowledge is a bonus
For further information please call 02081384125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org