- Responsible for the day to day management of a patch of tenancies, leases, and licences, to include sheltered housing, to ensure all agreements are adhered to and action is taken to address breaches where appropriate.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of relevant housing and leasehold legislation and case law in respect of tenancy, neighbourhood, and estate management. To develop an excellent understanding of the councils policies and procedures relating this and to apply these appropriately in day to day working.
- To identify fire safety issues on our estates and in resident homes, to give advice and report issues to appropriate departments to ensure risk is reduced and we comply with guidelines and best practice. Work with the Estates & Fire Safety team to action any recommendations for housing management from fire risk assessments within required timescales.
- To plan, co-ordinate and undertake a tenancy audit of your patch, visiting all properties within an agreed timeframe to build our business intelligence of the people and properties we manage.
- Working with the Voids Manager to deliver an effective voids/re-letting process which minimises void rent loss by working closely with internal teams and external contractors to meet performance targets.
- Carry out all sign-up interviews in line with agreed policy and procedures. To ensure tenants have all the information they need at the start of their tenancy to fully understand their rights and obligations under the tenancy agreement, and to enable them to successfully sustain their tenancy and reduce the incidence of tenancy breakdown in the borough. Identify any support needs and sign post to relevant agencies
- Educated to GCSE “A” Level or NVQ Level 3 or having equivalent experience/transferable skills. A housing qualification would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Experience working as an housing officer working with councils is essential
- A good understanding and knowledge of housing and other relevant legislation, and an awareness of current issues in relation to housing management
- Basic knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation and practises
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (4 days from office and 1 day from home each week)
- PAYE via Umbrella
- Inital 6 month contract
If you are interested in this position APPLY NOW!